THE ENM IS HEADED BY A DIRECTOR APPOINTED BY DECREE AFTER SUBMISSION OF A REPORT BY THE MINISTER FOR JUSTICE. THE DIRECTOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SCHOOL'S EDUCATIONAL MISSION AND TAKES ALL NECESSARY MEASURES TO ENSURE APPLICATION OF THE DECISIONS OF THE BOARD OF ADMINISTRATION.
The Director is responsible for internal discipline, the practical organisation and smooth running of the School's different departments, and in particular for defining the scope of the responsibilities of the different departments and sub-departments. The Director represents the establishment legally and for all civil formalities and is the authorising officer for all income and expenditure. The Director is assisted in his/her missions by a management team consisting of two deputy directors, a general secretary, a chief of staff, five sub-directors and two heads of department.
ENM Directors past and present:
- 2020 - : Nathalie Roret
- 2016 - 2020 : Olivier Leurent
- 2012 - 2016 : Xavier Ronsin
- 2007 - 2012 : Jean-François Thony
- 2005 - 2007 : Michel Dobkine
- 2002 - 2005 : Gilbert Azibert
- 1998 - 2002 : Claude Hanoteau
- 1996 - 1998 : Dominique Main
- 1992 - 1996 : Daniel Ludet
- 1989 - 1992 : Hubert Dalle
- 1985 - 1989 : Raymond Exertier
- 1981 - 1984 : Bernard Bacou
- 1978 - 1981 : Jean-François Burgelin
- 1974 - 1978 : Georges Liaras
- 1971 - 1974 : Pierre Waquet
- 1968 - 1971 : Philippe Souleau
- 1959 - 1968 : Jean Balmary
The ENM Board consists of representatives of the Ministry for Justice and the courts, but also the legal and judicial worlds. It decides on issues relating to the School's curriculum, votes the budget and approves the annual administrative and financial report. The President and Vice-President of the Board are respectively the Chief Justice and Chief Prosecutor of the Court of Cassation.